Jan 3, 2013

Reading Challenges: 2013

For the last few months, I have used tiredness as an excuse many a time and didn't bother reading. And as mentioned in this post, got more sucked into watching mindless, crappy telly and read less and less. To combat my embarrassing lack of reading, I am signing up for a couple of reading challenges this year.

I signed up for the Good Reads reading challenge a couple of days ago and set myself a modest goal of reading 30 books in 2013. Then I read Psych Babbler's post on the reading challenges she is doing and found the Off the Shelf Reading challenge. In short, this challenge commits you to reading those books you enthusiastically bought but have since been gathering the proverbial dust. Perfect.

The best part is both challenges work together as the ultimate goal is simply to read more. Besides, less TV also works very well with more reading.

I am yet to pick my books for Off the Shelf, so I will do another post later this week outlining the deets of what books I must convert from unread to read on my shelf.

Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Doherty said...

I spent a couple of hours writing up my prep post for Off the Shelf and also signed up to Goodreads and set a goal of 45 books - which is my total total for Off the Shelf (which will make more sense when you read my post ;)). So yay for reading challenges!

R.Bit said...

Yay! This will be fun to follow :)