Jan 5, 2013

Off the Shelf: 2013

So I've chosen my books for Off the Shelf. There are different levels for the challenge, starting at 5 books from your shelf and going up to 200! I'm going to keep it simple and go with Tempted: 5 books to read.
BA's Off the Shelf Reading Challenge. Grab me!'

I know, a bit of a modest attempt but I don't want to commit to 15 books and there is no level for 10 books. So I picked 6 books I most want to read. Hopefully, it will spur me to read some other ones off the shelf as well. They are: 
  1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson
    This is the third book in the Millennium trilogy. I have really enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. I don't read many thriller style novels and these books have really got me hooked. The plots are complex and really gripping. I've been meaning to finish off the trilogy for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it!
  2. Steve Jobs: A Biography - Walter Isaacson
    I really like reading biographies and have had this book for a while now. This is a MASSIVE book and 2013 is the year I conquer it!
  3. The Sea of Poppies - Amitav Ghosh
    Amitav Ghosh is one of my favourite authors. I first read Hungry Tide by him, many years ago and absolutely loved it. Many, many people have since told me how good Sea of Poppies is. I bought a copy of the book on my trip to India in 2010 and I am ashamed to say I am yet to read it!
  4. Hell's Angels - Hunter S. Thompson
    I bought this book soon after reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in 2007 and never actually got around to reading it. Gotta be done!
  5. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
    A frequent pop culture reference and a classic I am embarrassed to say I haven't read. Yet.
  6. The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga
    Been meaning to read this one since it won the Booker prize. But again, books sit on your shelf and you forget.
Ok, time to start reading then!

No comments: